Vanilla Sea Salt
Vanilla Sea Salt is one of the easiest ingredients to make. We use it for all our baking needs and sprinkle it on top desserts to add a layer of depth and bring out the flavors. Normally, this versatile product is only available from specialty shops, but now we are bringing it to you at home.
There are only two ingredients and four simple steps
Mortar and Pestle
Empty Spice Jar
3 Tbsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1 Vanilla Bean
Place Sea Salt and scraped Vanilla Bean seeds in Mortar then ground till fully mixed and blended.
Pour into an empty spice jar and add the scraped vanilla pod.
Replace your regular salt for vanilla sea salt in your baking.
Top desserts like your ice cream sundaes or the whipped cream on our Apple Pie
We use it as the focal point in our Homemade Salted Caramel Apple Dipping Sauce.
- Empty Spice Jar
- 3 Tbsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- Scrape seeds from Vanilla bean using the edge of your knife to run down the inside length of the pod.
- Place Sea Salt and scraped Vanilla Bean seeds into the Mortar.
- Ground till fully mixed and blended. Sea Salt should become the consistency of a finer salt.
- Pour into an empty spice jar and add the scraped vanilla pod.
Specialty Stores, grocery stores, wine shops, and Amazon sell premade Vanilla Sea Salt.
Feel free to use any other high-quality sea salt. We used Pink Himalayan Sea Salt because it was what we have on hand.
We used a single Vanilla bean, but use more if you want a stronger flavor.
The flavor will sightly intensify the longer it is infused.