Tropical Hideaway Pineapple Pedicure
This summer take a trip to a Tropical Hideaway and pamper your feet with this Dole Whip inspired pedicure. Your feet will feel relaxed, rejuvenated, and flip-flop ready for the beach, pool, or Enchanted Tiki Room at the Disneyland Resort. Grab your partner, some friends, or just yourself to escape to this sweet pineapple and coconut paradise. Sit back and relax while your feet sing with blissful delights like the Tiki Room flowers and birds.
To get started you are going to want to gather all your supplies and ingredients first.
For this pedicure there are three main parts:
- The foot soak
- The foot scrub
- The foot mask
These three elements are the basics for any pedicure in which you want smoother, softer, and relaxed feet. Our Tropical Hideaway Pineapple pedicure is one indulgent level higher than the average pedicure in that the ingredients are 100% natural and fresh. This ensures your skin is getting the maximum benefit from these nutrient-rich sources.
First, prepare the scrub. Cut up your fresh pineapple into large pieces that will fit into the mini food processor. Select chop and give it a whirl. You don’t want puree because we aren’t looking for juice. It should be the consistency of chunky applesauce. In a glass bowl measure out the fine Dead Sea salt and packed brown sugar. Add your pineapple and coconut oil. Stir and set aside.
Measure out the coconut liquid and coconut oil adding it to the clay and spirulina powder. Mix till it becomes a thick paste. Add the crushed pineapple and stir. Then lastly, add the coconut cream and fold it in till all ingredients have been incorporated. If its a hot day return to the refrigerator till you come to that part of the pedicure. Chilling the mask is a win-win for stabilizing the ingredients and a cool refreshing wrap for your feet.
With both your scrub and mask prepared you are now ready to start the pampering. Grab your Foot Tub to soak your feet along with a towel and the Coconut-Lime Epsom salts, scrub, mask, foot spa bags, Hempz Sweet Pineapple & Honey Melon Moisturizer, and pedicure tools (nail clippers, cuticle pusher, cuticle nippers, and nail file).
Let the pedicure begin!
Pour in your Coconut-Lime Epsom salts into the tub and add enough warm water to fully immerse your feet and ankles. Sit back, press play on your device to hear the songs of Popular Disney Favorites on Acoustic Guitar and enjoy the soak for at least 10 minutes. Longer if you prefer. It’s your Tropical Hideaway.
When the time is up, lightly towel dry your feet and apply the scrub to one foot at a time. If you are with a partner or friend offer to scrub a foot for one another. Make sure to apply the pineapple sea salt brown sugar scrub all over, focusing on the heels and soles of your feet. The salt does all the work so firm pressure is not necessary. Put the scrubbed foot back into the coconut lime bath and let the scrub soak off as you tend to the other foot. Repeat.
When both feet are rinsed, towel-dry thoroughly then grab your mask and two foot spa bags. Coat each foot in the green pineapple coconut mask and place each foot into a foot spa bag. Wrap a towel around your covered feet and put them up while you recline and relax for a minimum 15 minutes while the mask performs its magic.
To remove the mask, apply pressure to the top of the bag using it to scrap the mask off as you pull the bag off. Rinse the remainder of the mask off in the footbath.
Dry your feet and tend to your nails and nail beds if need be. Please be delicate when pushing and trimming your cuticles and take care when cutting and shaping nails.
To finish the pedicure apply Sweet Pineapple & Honey Melon Moisturizer. Take your time and apply the moisturizer with a massage. If you are with a partner or friend, take turns massaging each foot for one another ending the pedicure in a state of sweet smelling tropical bliss.
If you are someone who likes nail polish as part of their pedicure may we suggest some Tropical Hideaway inspired colors such as a pineapple yellow or complimentary sea breeze teal?
And while you wait for the polish to dry or are just relaxed from your Tropical Hideaway pampering we suggest you enjoy some Dole whip or a Dole Whip cocktail.
*Please Note- Any product whether natural or store-bought has the potential to cause an adverse reaction to the skin or otherwise for some individuals. Please use discretion. A Dream Is A Wish Our Blog Makes is not liable.
To save time, purchase fresh precut pineapple sections from the produce department of your local grocery store.
Chill your can of coconut cream overnight in the refrigerator or place for 20-30 minutes in the freezer right before mixing the foot mask. It separates the cream more and makes scooping easier.
To obtain a better and longer polish application, dip a Cotton swab in nail polish remover and go over each nail making sure not to saturate cuticles (this will make them dry out and undo the mask treatment). Wait to dry before applying the first coat of polish.
- small glass bowls
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- Can opener
Preparing the Scrub
Prepare the Mask
- 1-2 gallons Warm Water
- ½ cup Coconut-Lime Epsom salts
- Nickle Size Hempz Sweet Pineapple & Honey Melon Moisturizer
- Puree the fresh pineapple.
- Put Dead Seas salt and Brown sugar into a bowl.
- Add the pineapple puree to the dry scrub and mix.
- Add the coconut oil into the mixture till you get the consistency of a wet paste. If too liquidy add more salt not sugar.
- Put Healing mud and Spirulina into a bowl.
- Open the chilled can of Coconut cream. DO NOT shake the can. The cream naturally rises to the top separating from the liquid, making our job easier. Scoop out all the coconut cream and place in a dish to the side.
- Add the coconut liquid and coconut oil to the clay and spirulina powder. Mix till it becomes a thick paste.
- Add the crushed pineapple to the paste and stir.
- Lastly, add the coconut cream to the paste and fold-in till all ingredients have been incorporated. If its a hot day return to the refrigerator till you come to that part of the pedicure.
- Pour Epsom salts into Foot Tub and add hot water.
- Soak feet in warm water for a minimum 10 mins. Then pat dry.
- Use Pineapple scrub on feet making sure to focus on the soles, balls, and heels. Use Footbath to wash the scrub off. Pat Dry.
- Coat each foot in the green pineapple coconut mask and place each foot into a foot spa bag.
- Wrap a towel around your covered feet and put them up while you recline and relax for a minimum 15 minutes while the mask performs its magic.
- To remove the mask, apply pressure to the top of the bag using it to scrap the mask off as you pull the bag off. Rinse the remainder of the mask off in the footbath.
- Dry your feet and tend to your nails and nail beds if need be. Please be delicate when pushing and trimming your cuticles and take care when cutting and shaping nails.
- To finish the pedicure apply Sweet Pineapple & Honey Melon Moisturizer. Take your time and apply the moisturizer with a massage.
Adding Polish to Pedicure (Optional)
- Tip a Cotton swab in nail polish remover and go over each nail making sure not to saturate cuticles (this will make them dry and undo the mask treatment).
- Apply your polish. Let Dry.